Q. Why is Chimney cleaning necessary and how often should you get your chimney inspected?
Chimneys are an integral part of every kitchen and the last thing you want to walk up to is a non-working chimney.
Removal of blockages, and soot is very important for safety reasons. There are flammable substances in the chimney that can cause fire. This makes chimney cleaning necessary.
To avoid such a situation or to avoid fire or other unforeseen and dangerous events, it is best to get your chimney inspected every year.
Q. There are stains on the hob burners and there is discoloration. How do I clean it?
You can clean it with chrome cleaner. But it is better to seek professional help as blockage of burner holes and grooves can lead to complications.
Q. What indicates that my cooktop needs repair?
Smelling gas, non-functional burners, uneven cooking of food, heating issues, and glass breakage are a few signs that your cooktop needs to be repaired. For signs like smelling gas etc. contact professionals immediately and get the repair done as it is hazardous.
Q. Does your cooking range need repair?
- Does your oven stops heating?
- Do your range burners sparkle?
- Are there heating or cooking issues?
- Does the oven timer stop advancing?
- Are you having any programming issues with the device?
- Are there any leaks from the stove?
If your answer is yes to any of the above questions, it means that your cooking range needs repair.
Q. What do I need to know about microwave oven safety?
Maintain a record of the model of your microwave, the year it was manufactured, wattage etc.). See if there are any leakages from the oven. Check for loose doors, broken switches, burning smell etc. Seek professional help in solving the above issues.
Q. My washing machine shakes and moves. What may be the cause?
The following are the possible reasons why your washing machine might shake and move:
- Weakening or damage of shock absorbers
- Damage of suspension spring or tub spring
- Wearing and tearing of snubber rings or damper pads
- Loosening of locking nuts in threaded legs
Q. What are the possible reasons why there is water retention in my dishwasher?
- Food or object clogging in sump pump filter or the drain basket
- Clogging of drain hose
- Dishwasher is not placed in a levelled surface
- Clogging of garbage disposal
- Jamming of the food chopping blade
The above are a few reasons why there is water retention in the dishwasher.
Q. Why is it necessary to seek professional help in cleaning home appliances?
To increase the productivity of your home appliances, keep in mind the following points:
- Keep track of your appliances’ performance. If there is any performance issue, call the right professionals immediately and address the same.
- Cleaning of chimneys, cooktops, and cooking ranges can help in increasing the lifespan of the appliance
- Inspect your appliances regularly, if possible, get them inspected by experts. This will help in avoiding any unforeseen surprises
Q. How often do I need to inspect or service home appliances?
It is very important to inspect and service home appliances at regular intervals. Though the time duration for inspection varies for each appliance, the recommended inspection should be atleast once in a year.Back to Faq’s